Monday, May 17, 2010

Candidacy Statement from Gerald So

With the opening of SMFS officer nominations this past Saturday, I'd like to inform the group of my own status. I've enjoyed my time as president. I believe we've clarified much of the Derringer Award process and raised the SMFS's profile as a whole. I also believe it's important to allow for new voices and leadership styles.

I remember that several of you initially wondered how I would moderate discussion here. I hope the vast majority of members has found the atmosphere open and informative, including feeling informed and heard during every policy decision the past two years.

I prefer to give others a chance to represent the SMFS for the next two, so I invite any member up to the task to step forward.

My preference does not speak for Vice President Jim Doherty, who may choose to run on his own.

No comments: