Friday, September 28, 2012

The SMFS at Bouchercon Cleveland (October 4-7, 2012)

The following SMFS members have announced they are attending Bouchercon. Comment on this post to declare your attendance/availability. Also below is information on any meetups organized on Shortmystery:

Jack Bludis
Sheila Boneham
Fleur T.J. Bradley
Melodie Campbell
Jim Doherty
John M. Floyd
Barb Goffman
Toni L.P. Kelner
Deborah J. Ledford
Jan Long
Terrie Farley Moran
Jim O'Keefe
Rosa Pearl
Suzanne Rorhus
Kathleen A. Ryan
Harriette Sackler
Tom Sweeney
Gigi Vernon

Jim Doherty tells us it looks like SMFS will be part of the general awards ceremony Thursday evening at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Tom Sweeney will be presenting the 2012 Derringer plaques. Golden Derringer recipient Bill Pronzini will not be in attendance, but is gratefully accepting the award by mail.

5 comments:

Terrie Farley Moran said...

I'll be there!

Terrie Farley Moran

Kathleen A. Ryan said...

I am also attending B-con.

I'm thrilled that my story, "Heat of Passion" is up for a Macavity Award in the category of "Best Mystery Short Story" (it was also a Best Flash Fic Story finalist for the 2012 Derringers; it also won 1st place in the Flash Fiction category in the Public Safety Writers Association's 2011 Writing Competition).

Congrats to fellow SMFS member Barb Goffman, whose story, "Truth and Consequences" is also among the nominees for a Macavity in the category of Best Mystery Short Story.

The Macavity Award winners will be announced during opening night ceremonies.

Are any SMFS members attending the SinC workshop led by Nancy Pickard the day before? I'm registered for it.

Hope to see many of you in Cleveland!

Best,
Kathleen A. Ryan

Melodie Campbell said...

I'll be there! Please come to the MEET THE CANUCKS event/party on Friday night at 9. It's lots of fun, and there will be FREE desserts!

I'll also be on the Red Herrings panel Sunday at 9 AM, so please do introduce yourself.

Hope to meet many of you in person.

Rosa Pearl said...

I'll be there.

Rosa Pearl

Barb Goffman said...

I'll be attending the SinC workshop, too, Kathleen. See you then.

And thanks for mentioning that my story "Truth and Consequences" is up for a Macavity (against some stiff competition, indeed). "Truth and Consequences" is also nominated for an Anthony Award. These awards will be given out on Saturday night.

I'm very excited about Bouchercon. I'll be on the short-story panel, Nuggets of Mystery, on Friday at 2:45, along with fellow SMFSers John Floyd and Terrie Farley Moran. I hope to see some of you there!